It's Christmas Eve at home, but only four days remain until I go off to Cambodia. Fortunately my team mate Tanguy has arrived safely. I am definitely extremely excited about not only traveling abroad for a full four weeks, but to also have the chance to do such impacting work is a once in a lifetime opportunity. This is my first time traveling so long without my family and my first time doing work in another country, so it is a scary but exhilirating experience even anticipating the trip. I have been told to always expect the unexpected, so I will have to prepare as many back up plans as I can think of.
I am going to Cambodia at a time in my life when I have a lot of choices in front of me - of lifestyle, career, and countless other things. Despite how difficult it has been to see clearly the right next steps, I know that at MIT I have been surrounded by amazing opportunities. The MIT PSC has opened a path for me that I never dreamed I would take, and I can only strive to live up to the expectations of the donors and of the children I am going to help.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment